Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

Memories in the Making . . .Current Projects Underway!

Just to give you all a glimpse of what I'm currently excited about working on . . .

1) A lap quilt specially designed and in the works for someone who wanted a frog/drummer theme! Yes, you read that right!  They asked for a quilt incorporating frogs (as in the amphibians!) and drums.  And I found the perfect fabric with musical frogs playing drums, ukeleles, etc. so I am super excited about the challenge of making a semi-modern quilt using batiks and drummer frogs that will be enjoyed and cherished for years and years to come!  A fine example of giving me an idea of your dream quilt and being able to see it come true!

2) An x-large receiving blanket.  I had one already made (photos to come) of adorable flannel froggy fabric on one side and cheerful solid yellow flannel on the other, a gender-neutral perfect fit for a baby.  These blankets I design and create are xl so that they can be your child's favorite blanket from infancy well into toddlerhood!  The one I'm currently making has been requested to include the same froggy fabric on one side and a different fabric on the other, also xl.

3) Designing a baby or crib sized patchwork quilt -- in the process of choosing which patchwork design I want to go with for this particular quilt and which fabric selection I will utilize.  It will be charming and irresistible!  Someone will be snatching it up before I can finish it . . . these are precious gifts that will last a lifetime, made of high quality fabric, designed with experience and created with care and lots of love!

Be sure to stop in frequently as photos are being added as the projects come along and also as I purchase fabrics here and there to show you all!  Have a lovely day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment