Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

What Would YOU Want to See Featured in a Quilt?

Hello Friends!

So. . . the purpose of this post is to ask you, what would you want to see in a quilt as far as fabric designs?  There are quite a few possibilities out there, some I wouldn't have even of dreamed of finding in fabric selections. I have my own favorites of course, but I'm wanting to hear what others think?  Perhaps if this post fares well in responses from you all, I will ask occasionally again in the future!

What do you love to see in a quilt, either a wall hanging quilt to brighten up and add interest to your wall or your tabletop or quilt rack, or in a baby quilt?

Would you love to see Sock Monkeys all over a quilt?  Owls?  Cars?  Elephants?  Frogs? Turtles? Dogs? Cats? Birds? Musical instruments?  Flowers?  Polka dots?  Stripes? Coffee cups?  Ballerinas?  Everything vintage? Interesting geometric designs? Anything else?

Which colors and color combinations do you prefer? Or do you think you'd prefer?  Brights? Jewel tones? Pastels? Antiques? Earth tones?

Please stop in and tell me anything and everything you think!  All input is appreciated!

5 comments:

  1. Awe, I love the idea of sock monkeys all over a quilt...how cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo, polka dots - I think that would be fun! I love polka dots, and I'm liking fresh colors lately - pale oranges, yellows, pinks, blues, and greens together, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking spots first of all too, but then I thought maybe vintage roses or a kind of vintage floral pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I absolutely adore owls and batik fabrics! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A sock monkey quilt would be cute. I love quilts - my mom quilts (well she used to before she got a full-time gig as a teacher) - but I did not inherit her gift of sewing. I love colors that surprise you how well they go together - unique combos.

    ReplyDelete